Max and Miles who, to Me, Will Always be Secretly Named "Gus"

The blog about Max and his little brother, Miles. Stunningly cute boys and future leaders of the rebel forces.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Red Pill or The Blue Pill?

At some point in your life, and certainly since a certain movie came out in 1999 (ahh, remember the Nineties?), you’ve probably wondered (or you should have) if what we think of as “real” is really real. Could what we perceive as our waking life be a dream? Could it be someone else’s dream? I’ll leave the massive questions here to the big dawgs.
For a baby, though, you have to believe that there’s not much of a boundry between waking life and dreaming life. I mean, if your dreams are partly a hashing out of input from your daily life (I was doing returns at Costco but, it wasn’t Costco, it was Yankee Stadium) then Max must wake up(?) a little confused:
“Man, I was just dreaming that they were looking in the crib at me. Now I’m awake and, there they are, looking in the crib at me. Yesterday, during my nap, I dreamt she fed me. Then, what do you know? She woke me up and fed me!” Ninety days of life isn’t enough to give you the super-fun, surreal dream action. . . . at least, I don’t think so.
I wonder if we can get Max to dream about how much fun he’ll have mowing the lawn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter