Max and Miles who, to Me, Will Always be Secretly Named "Gus"

The blog about Max and his little brother, Miles. Stunningly cute boys and future leaders of the rebel forces.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Bee-Bop-a-Roo-Bop. . . Ewwww. . . What is that Smell?

Right off: sorry about the Prairie (Ho)me Companion reference.
So, as you’ve probably gathered, I’m not much for actual baby information. That is because, firstly, I know nothing about raising babies and, secondly, as soon as I say “here’s the way to get your kid to sleep” or “here’s how to wear a Bjorn under your clothes”, I’ll be be wrong. There are many ways to skin any number of cats.
However, I can safely pass (no pun intended) on this bit of wisdom: Moms? DO NOT EAT RHUBARB WHILE BREASTFEEDING. Trust me when I tell you that the oder-rific results are pretty spectacular. And not in an “early morning sunshine” kind of way. It’s more in a “Is there a landfill near here?” kind of way.
In fact, while I knew that the leaves of the rhubarb plant are poisonous, the more research I do, the more freaked out I get. Seriously, when the gloriously tart stuff I grew up eating in cakes and pies turns out to have a chemical in it that requires an MSDS sheet, you have to take some small pause.
Sadly, rhubarb always meant “spring” to me. Now, it just means metal polish, writing ink, bleaching agent, and stinky baby farts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter