Max and Miles who, to Me, Will Always be Secretly Named "Gus"

The blog about Max and his little brother, Miles. Stunningly cute boys and future leaders of the rebel forces.

Monday, October 06, 2008

What? You Can't Post 'Cause You're on Vacation?

For the first time in a couple of years, I had a non-baby related vacation. To be accurate, I had, like, five days off. Which, I can tell you, does no a vacation make. What had had in mind: late fall beer drinking, time with the boys, unstructured play time followed by more drinking, was abruptly cut short by a mighty "Thump!" near my feet resting on the coffee table. At first, I thought Katie had dropped a new Minneapolis yellow pages down so I could get my feet higher, more comfortable. I looked closer at the stack of paper and noticed the top page was blank except for the words "Daddy's To-Do List".

The only thing I can say about my vacation, really, is that tilling with a tiller is much harder than I remember.

Here are Max and Miles checking to see if my grading job on the side of our house is up to code. Soil samples dug and eaten by both children confirm that, due to their excellent supervision, we have improved drainage. When you do do the grading, by the way, it is important to have a small wooden excavator, a small plastic dump truck, and a hot wheels car. You just never know when you're going to need to race away from your job site!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter