Max and Miles who, to Me, Will Always be Secretly Named "Gus"

The blog about Max and his little brother, Miles. Stunningly cute boys and future leaders of the rebel forces.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Who is this Kid?

While National Night Out '08 (much to Max's chagrin) was not quite like last year's root beer float-soaked vice parade, we still got to see Max become a new Max-like Max.

This is year three for us and the neighbs so uncomfortable silences and awkward pauses are pretty much at a minimum. While we chatted up a storm, Max took about a seven second pause before he ran off with a group of kids. The rest of the evening, we'd see Max, half a block away, throwing a ball, watching some bigger kids do something super-cool or pushing someone in a go-kart. Every so often, he'd run by where we were sitting, wave, "Hi!" And keep going.

Perspective slam: Now, when I was 23, I went to Mexico to take some Spanish classes and I didn't come home for almost two years. There must've been something really wrong with my parents. Extrapolating my feelings about Max two houses away at two and a half years of age over the next 30 years means I'll be ready for him to get on the school bus when he's 19.

He can save this go-kart for when I'm ready for him to drive. . . in 2030!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter