Max and Miles who, to Me, Will Always be Secretly Named "Gus"

The blog about Max and his little brother, Miles. Stunningly cute boys and future leaders of the rebel forces.

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

You are going to hate this blog for a little Bit

It's going to be all puppies and babies around here for a little while: this new kid has reminded me that I love all of you, each and every one. Except, of course, for the psychopaths that drive like maniacs in the snowstorm, in the middle of which, I had drive with the family, now numbering four. You crazies are bastards! Everyone else, I love.

It shouldn't be long before we're back to the pithy, though. Katie and I seem to have forgotten all the stuff we knew about babies. I think you kinda have to do a continuous data dump in order to keep up with the new needs of a toddler. This is problematic if, say, you have a new baby. We can't remember how warm or not warm we kept things for Max. Did we wrap him in blankets to sleep? I say no; Katie says yes. I can change the hell out of a diaper on a screaming, almost two-year old, while they flop around and tell me I'm a jerk. I can do that. But, ask me, now, to change a diaper on a little 3-day old and you'll end up with baby poop on about 60 percent of everything you own.

Here's me getting a little verklempt over my boys. Boys! Boys, plural! Man, every time I think about these two kids, these two boys, my heart becomes like that moment in every episode of the Dukes of Hazzard. The moment Bo and Luke jump their car over some obstacle. There's dust trailing off the back (redneck contrail), the boys are whoopin' and they hit the ol' horn that plays Dixie. Young, stupid and glorious, that's how I feel.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Best. Post. Ever.

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray!! I love the way "The Pogatshnik boys" sounds. We're creating a dynasty. love, Mar

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter