Max and Miles who, to Me, Will Always be Secretly Named "Gus"

The blog about Max and his little brother, Miles. Stunningly cute boys and future leaders of the rebel forces.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Dogs Wearing Bandanas


Ok, what is it about babies in hats?
Sometime ago, there was conversation among friends about the fact that there is nothing cuter than a dog wearing a bandana. Heck, a friend of ours has a dog who looks darn good in a bandana. Same bandana, same dog, everyday, I would think to myself: “Damn, that Pepper looks good in that Bandana!”
So, until recently, I was pretty sure that “Dogs in Bandanas” was on top of cute lists all over the world. Now, here’s Max in a hat for the second time and, holy heavens to Betsy, babies in hats are cute! This spectacular sombrero was handmade by our super-talented amiga, currently busy, broadening minds at David Letterman’s Alma Mater.
I can’t quite put my finger on why a hat-wearing baby is so cute. Maybe it follows that if you accessorize a dog/baby/Mini-Cooper properly, it just amps up the cute that’s already there. It’s like the salt of cute. Like a distant aunt’s Easter ham, though, there is such a thing as too much salt. Like the picture of Max in his Frye Booties. That would make your head explode.
Anyhoos, I’ve got half-a-mind (literally! rimshot!) to turn this whole thing into nothing but pictures of Max in hats. “Max in Hats” snappy title, yes? Heck, as long as we’re lowering our common denominators, we’ll make it pictures of Max in hats with puppies

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the damn bandana dog and owner today....and thought, "Now, if Rosie would just let me PUT a frickin bandana on HER, she could look as good as pepper!"

Your blog cracks me up.

In a good way.

I'm not laughing AT you....
or
near you.....

totally WITH you....

7:19 PM  
Blogger Fygar said...

totally!

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter