Max and Miles who, to Me, Will Always be Secretly Named "Gus"

The blog about Max and his little brother, Miles. Stunningly cute boys and future leaders of the rebel forces.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Wild Things, I Think I Love You

Apparently, according to Katie, I am a freak because I was not read nor did I read "Where the Wild Things Are" as a child. Fortunately, Katie has enough Kool for the two of us and we have read and re-read the story of another Max and his adventures with the wild things. Personally, this trailer makes me cry like a little girl. It's like if I saw a trailer for Star Wars today, but with the emotions of the seven year-old me. It's more about what I hope Max might feel when he sees the other Max running with the wild things and crashing through giants waves, I think, than anything.

Our Max, though, seems less than enthusiastic:

"Hey, Max. Guess what?"

"Yeah?"

"That book you read? "'Where the Wild Things Are'? They're going to make it into a movie!"

"No! They can't make it into a movie! It's just my book!"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter